Isle of Wight Junior Football Festival
Landguard Holiday Park
The countdown has begun to the 2022 Isle of Wight Junior Football Tournament. Preparations are now in full swing, and we can’t wait to welcome you to Landguard Holiday Park on Friday 15th April.
On this page we hope you’ll find all the information you need to get you, your team and their families prepped for an amazing weekend in the Isle of Wight.
Outdoor Pool, Landguard Holiday Park
Adventure Playground – Landguard
The Key Details
Where you’ll stay:
Landguard Holiday Park, Whitecross Lane, Shanklin, PO37 7PJ
Check-In & Check-Out Details:
- Check-In Time: Friday 8th April @ 16:00
- Check-Out Time: Monday 11th April @ 10:00
Top tips for a smooth check-in:
- Keys are to be collected by the Group Leader, or a person nominated by the group leader, and then distributed to your group members.
Details surrounding your allocated accommodation will be provided prior to the tour.
- Please take your rooming list with you so you know who is staying in which caravan or lodge.
- Please be aware, that we have worked with the holiday park to try and locate groups as close together as possible. However, in some cases, this is not possible due to the location of different standards of accommodation on park.
Where you’ll play:
Seaclose Recreation Ground, Fairlee Rd, Newport, PO30 2EL
Managers Meeting & Presentation Information
The Manager’s Meeting will be delivered via a video conference call on Zoom. It is scheduled for Tuesday 12th April at 6pm. Invites have been sent out to group leaders and managers – if any managers have not received a link, please let a member of staff know. The call will be recorded for anyone who can’t attend the live meeting
Sunday 17th April
After the tournament has finished, presentation will take place at 15:00 in the Showbar at Lower Hyde Holiday Park.
Each player will receive a participation award, and the winners and runners up for each age group will receive a trophy. Awards will be presented by Southampton legend, Francis Benali!
Please note, once the room has been cleared, it will re-open for evening entertainment.
What time can we check in and what time is check-out?
Check-in is 4PM on Friday. Check-out is 10AM on Monday.
Can we access the site before check-in?
Of course – guests are welcome on the park before check in.
Is bed linen provided or do we have to bring our own?
Linen is provided but beds will not be made (a nice task for the kids 😊).
Do we need to bring our own towels?
Yes please – towels are not provided.
Is parking free onsite?
Yes. However, not all accommodation has parking outside the unit but there are allocated Car Parks to certain areas throughout the park.
What entertainment will there be in the evenings?
There will be a full entertainment programme for adults and children, provided by the in-house team every night.
What facilities are onsite?
Indoor Swimming Pool, Outside Sports Courts and access to all facilities at Landguard and Lower Hyde. Lower Hyde is a short walk from Landguard, and is also operated by Parkdean Resorts.
The park is located close to the town centre and to the beach. Train and bus links are close by as well.
Can we bring pets?
Pets are allowed in specific units and have a £40 charge due to deep cleaning of the unit afterwards. Please check with your Tour Consultant to see if you have been allocated a pet friendly accommodation.
Where can we go for food?
There is a restaurant onsite that serves food daily from 9am to 8:30pm daily.
Food can also be taken away from Lower Hyde to the Showbar or to your accommodation.
What are the pool times?
The Landguard pool is open at the following times:
- Friday – 9am to 4pm
- Saturday & Sunday – 9am to 3pm, followed by Wipeout from 3.30pm.
- Groups can book for Wipeout at the swimming pool reception
- Normal swimming slots are available on first come, first served basis.
Can we have BBQs at the holiday park?
Guests may use small freestanding BBQs on concrete sections of the park.
What time does the bar open and close?
The bar is open from 9am til close, which is usually around midnight.
What happens if a member of my group causes damage to the accommodation or the event site?
All damages should be reported prior to departure. The cost of any damage or compensation is the joint responsibility of all group members. It is for the service provider / host club / accommodation centre to reasonably determine the value of the damage or compensation. Any costs will be charged to your group and will be payable on demand. Where your group has paid a security deposit directly to the accommodation centre, any issues will be in accordance with their own policy.
Good Conduct and Alcohol Policy
Our aim is to make each and every one of our events enjoyable for the whole family. To ensure things run as smoothly as possible we have outlined our ‘Good Conduct & Alcohol Policy’ below. We would appreciate you taking a moment to share this information with your team and families.
Code of Conduct
- Unreasonable and offensive behaviour which includes fighting or acts of malicious damage by any individual or group will not be tolerated under any circumstances and may result in the entire tour party being asked to leave the holiday park without entitlement to a refund.
- In the event of any disturbance made by members of your group, the holiday park management reserves the right to demand compensation for other guests and may ask for your removal from the premises.
- In the event of damage to property, the holiday park management will have the right to demand appropriate compensation from the entire group.
Safeguarding and child supervision
- Please do not allow children in your party to wander around the site unsupervised. This is a child safeguarding issue. Each club has a duty of care for children on the tour and should have their own Welfare Officer who is recognised by their local County RFU and will have undergone the relevant training.
- Please ensure that there is a responsible and accountable adult (over 18) available to supervise children at all times.
- Playing ball games around the accommodation is not allowed due to previous damage to windows and caravan panels. There is a sports court at Sandford Holiday Park where ball games are permitted.
- Our Holiday Parks are licensed premises – please do not bring your own alcohol into the restaurants and bars onsite. You are welcome to bring your own alcohol to consume within your accommodation. Beer Kegs are not permitted at the holiday park.
- Adults should not purchase or supply alcohol to anyone under the age of 18 years old. If you are found to have done this, then you will be asked to leave the holiday park and within our tournament rules we will report the issues to the RFU. The person or persons involved will also be reported to the police.
- Any under 18s, who are discovered attempting to purchase or consume alcohol, will be asked to leave the holiday park, and will be reported to their Group Leader.
- Alcohol abuse is unacceptable, and will result in the removal of persons/Team from the holiday park without entitlement to a refund.
- Alcohol is permitted at the festival grounds in the designated area nearby the club HQ. No Alcohol to be consumed pitch side while the games are being played. Anybody caught doing so will be asked to return to the bar area to finish their drink or, in extreme circumstances, be asked to leave the tournament venue.
Yellow & Red Card System
- Excessive noise and disturbances
- Offensive language
- Unsupervised children
- Ball games near accommodation (Please use provided areas)
- Underage Drinking
- Malicious Damage
- Offensive behaviour
- Drunk and Disorderly behaviour
Under our booking conditions with the holiday park, Sports Tours and our guests are required to act in accordance with our Code of Conduct. The policy is intended to help all guests have a great time at the holiday park and to avoid any disturbances.
Should any members of your tour party be deemed by Staff to have breached the code of conduct the following procedures will be followed:
Yellow Card Offence – A caution will be issued and a repetition of offence, or second yellow card for another offence, will result in eviction from holiday park and tournament.
Red Card Offence – Immediate eviction from the holiday park and tournament. If a red card is issued in any case a report will be sent to your Club Chairman and the National Governing Body, the RFU.
NB: The issuing of red and yellow cards is not limited to the examples above and can be issued at the discretion based on staff’s judgement on the situation.