Coronavirus (COVID-19) Travel Advice
We understand that coverage of the evolving, worldwide Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation has prompted many questions in the minds of travellers. Sports Tours Ltd would like to reassure all groups travelling with us that the safety and wellbeing of our groups is our priority. We have compiled the following information to help group leaders better understand what the virus outbreak means for their forthcoming travel plans.
If you are due to travel in the coming weeks or months:
- Whilst the situation continues to be fast moving and extremely changeable, Sports Tours Ltd continues to monitor the latest advice of various authorities including the World Health Organisation, Public Health England and Foreign and Commonwealth Office to be abreast of developments.
- Where there are no Foreign and Commonwealth Office travel restrictions in place for travel to a certain area or country, tours continue to depart as planned.
- Should this situation change, we will be in touch with affected groups to discuss a plan of action which may include changes to pre-planned itineraries, a complete change of destination or postponement of the trip to a later date.
- Basic hygiene measures should be implemented by travellers to minimise the risk of transmission:
- Use tissues to cover mouth and nose when sneezing/coughing. Bin the tissue, then wash your hands with soap and water or use a hand sanitiser gel.
- Wash your hands often, after being in public places and before eating.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with symptomatic people.
If you are due to travel in the coming weeks or months to a Sports Tours UK Event:
- Sports Tours Ltd will continue to monitor the latest advice of various UK authorities to be abreast of developments specifically related to the organisation and attendance of medium-large scale events.
- Where there are no government issued restrictions in place for attending events in the UK, our events will continue as planned. Any cancellations at this point will be processed as per Sports Tours Ltd cancellation terms in our booking conditions.
- Should government advice change to advise against the organisation or attendance of events, we will be in touch with affected groups due to attend to discuss a plan of action which may include the arrangement of friendly fixtures as an alternative, postponement of the event or cancellation.
- In the unlikely situation that the event is cancelled and suitable alternative fixture arrangements cannot be arranged, customers will be entitled to postpone their booking with Sports Tours Ltd or receive a refund in full.
If you have recently returned from a destination where the virus has been diagnosed:
Sports Tours Ltd is not able to provide medical advice, however if you are concerned about having caught the virus, we would recommend that you self-isolate and contact Public Health England and/or the NHS 111 line for further advice.
The following websites may provide additional advice and useful information:
The information above is correct as of 12/03/2020