Blackpool Easter Football Tournament
The Melville Hotel in Blackpool
The countdown has begun to the 2022 Blackpool Easter Football Tournament – the first in our Blackpool series for 2022. Preparations are now in full swing, and we can’t wait to welcome you to The Melville Hotel in Blackpool on Friday 15th April.
On this page we hope you’ll find all the information you need to get you, your team and their families prepped for an amazing weekend in Blackpool.
The Key Details
Where you’ll stay:
The Melville Hotel, 70-72 Adelaide St, Blackpool FY1 4LA
Check-In & Check-Out Details:
- Check-In Time: Friday 15th April @ 15:00
- Check-Out Time: Monday 18th April @ 10:00
Top tips for a smooth check-in:
- Keys are to be collected by the Group Leader, or a person nominated by the group leader, and then distributed to your group members.
- Details surrounding your allocated accommodation will be provided prior to the tour.
- Please take your rooming list with you so you know who is staying in which caravan or lodge.
- Please be aware, that we have worked with the hotels to try and locate groups as close together as possible. However, in some cases, this is not possible due to the location of different room types.
Where you’ll play:
Poolfoot Farm, Butts Road, Thornton-Cleveleys FY5 4HX
Managers Meeting & Presentation Information
A zoom call will be arranged in the week leading up to the event (approx 72 hours prior to the event). Invites will be sent out nearer to the time.
Sunday 17th April
After your age group have finished their games, the presentation will take place onsite at Poolfoot Farm.
Participation awards, and winners and runners up trophies, will be awarded by this year’s special guests who are due to be announced soon – check back soon!
What time can we check in and what time is check-out?
Check-in is 3PM on Friday. Guests are welcome before 3pm on Friday – they can leave luggage and make use of the bar/lounge
Check-out is 10AM on Monday.
Is bed linen provided or do we have to bring our own?
Yes, bed linen is provided at all hotels. 😊
Do we need to bring our own towels?
Towels are supplied at the hotel. However, please bring your own towels if you are planning to go to Sandcastle Waterpark (as well as swimwear!).
Does the hotel have parking onsite?
Guests can park at the car park at the top of Adelaide street or the bottom of the street at the multi-story (about £10pn).
The hotel would recommend South King street car park which is a 5 min walk to the hotel – £17 for 3 nights
Will we be asked to pay a security deposit?
Guests will be asked for a £10 per person security deposit upon arrival – the deposits will be returned upon departure (as long as there is no damage caused during your stay). To avoid check in delays, please have this money (cash) to hand upon arrival as hotels have the right to refuse check in until the deposits have been paid.
What entertainment will there be in the evenings?
Evening entertainment is provided at The Melville Hotel, please ask for more details at reception. Plus there is plenty of entertainment to enjoy within Blackpool town centre
What time is breakfast served?
Breakfast times are usually between 7am – 9:30am however these can change so please ask reception upon arrival for confirmation.
Where can we go for food?
The hotel will be offering pub grub, bar food and kids meals – £6.95pp
What time will the bar be open?
9am – 1am
The hotel’s bar will also be running ‘happy hour’ and drink promos throughout the weekend for Sports Tours guests
All hotels are located nearby to the beach, along with plenty of shops, arcades, restaurants and attractions.
Where can we take the kids when they are not playing football?
There is plenty to do to keep everyone occupied. Blackpool’s main attractions are the Pleasure Beach, Sandcastle Waterpark, Madame Tussauds, the zoo and of course Blackpool Tower 😊
To save money, we would encourage you to book tickets for these attractions in advance.
Can we bring pets?
Although the tournament venue is dog friendly, sadly most of the hotels we use are not pet friendly. If you are looking to bring your pet, please do get in contact with the team prior to the event to check if they can accommodate your request.
What time does the bar open and close?
All hotels have a licensed bar onsite and usually stay open until 11pm (approx.).
How long does it take to get from our hotel to the tournament venue?
The journey usually takes approximately 20-30 minutes, but due to traffic and being a bank holiday weekend, we would recommend allowing yourself 45 minutes to get to Poolfoot Farm.
Is there a shuttle bus?
Yes, there is a shuttle bus to the tournament venue. This is charged at £15 per person for the weekend. Please note, space is limited and offered on a first come first served basis.
What happens if a member of my group causes damage to the accommodation or the event site?
All damages should be reported prior to departure. The cost of any damage or compensation is the joint responsibility of all group members. It is for the service provider / host club / accommodation centre to reasonably determine the value of the damage or compensation. Any costs will be charged to your group and will be payable on demand. Where your group has paid a security deposit directly to the accommodation centre, any issues will be in accordance with their own policy.
Good Conduct and Alcohol Policy
Our aim is to make each and every one of our events enjoyable for the whole family. To ensure things run as smoothly as possible we have outlined our ‘Good Conduct & Alcohol Policy’ below. We would appreciate you taking a moment to share this information with your team and families.
Code of Conduct
- Unreasonable and offensive behaviour which includes fighting or acts of malicious damage by any individual or group will not be tolerated under any circumstances and may result in the entire tour party being asked to leave the hotel without entitlement to a refund.
- In the event of any disturbance made by members of your group, the hotel management reserves the right to demand compensation for other guests and may ask for your removal from the premises.
- In the event of damage to property, the hotel management will have the right to demand appropriate compensation from the entire group.
Safeguarding and child supervision
- Please do not allow children in your party to wander around the site unsupervised. This is a child safeguarding issue. Each club has a duty of care for children on the tour and should have their own Welfare Officer who is recognised by their local County FA and will have undergone the relevant training.
- Please ensure that there is a responsible and accountable adult (over 18) available to supervise children at all times.
- Playing ball games around the accommodation is not permitted
- Our hotels are licensed premises – please do not bring your own alcohol into the restaurants and bars onsite. You are welcome to bring your own alcohol to consume within your accommodation. Beer Kegs are not permitted at the hotel.
- Adults should not purchase or supply alcohol to anyone under the age of 18 years old. If you are found to have done this, then you will be asked to leave the holiday park and within our tournament rules we will report the issues to the FA. The person or persons involved will also be reported to the police.
- Any under 18s, who are discovered attempting to purchase or consume alcohol, will be asked to leave the holiday park, and will be reported to their Group Leader.
- Alcohol abuse is unacceptable, and will result in the removal of persons/Team from the hotel without entitlement to a refund.
- Alcohol is permitted at the festival grounds in the designated area nearby the club HQ. No Alcohol to be consumed pitch side while the games are being played. Anybody caught doing so will be asked to return to the bar area to finish their drink or, in extreme circumstances, be asked to leave the tournament venue.
- Please do not bring your own alcohol onto the festival grounds as this will not be allowed
Yellow & Red Card System
- Excessive noise and disturbances
- Offensive language
- Unsupervised children
- Ball games near accommodation (Please use provided areas)
- Underage Drinking
- Malicious Damage
- Offensive behaviour
- Drunk and Disorderly behaviour
Under our booking conditions with the hotel, Sports Tours and our guests are required to act in accordance with our Code of Conduct. The policy is intended to help all guests have a great time at the holiday park and to avoid any disturbances.
Should any members of your tour party be deemed by Staff to have breached the code of conduct the following procedures will be followed:
Yellow Card Offence – A caution will be issued and a repetition of offence, or second yellow card for another offence, will result in eviction from hotel and tournament.
Red Card Offence – Immediate eviction from the holtel and tournament. If a red card is issued in any case a report will be sent to your Club Chairman and the National Governing Body, the FA.
NB: The issuing of red and yellow cards is not limited to the examples above and can be issued at the discretion based on staff’s judgement on the situation.