Sports Tours & Events Sales Consultant
Sports Tours and events are back with vigour! If you’re looking for a consultative sales role in a vibrant and forward-thinking company, this could be the opportunity for you.
As a Sports Tours & Events Sales Consultant, you’ll be the first point of contact on the phone for team managers and coaches. You will listen and learn about their team’s travel and sporting objectives before providing guidance and recommendations around which tournaments, festivals and tours best suit their needs.
Working closely with our network of suppliers, you will put together tailor-made quotations and itineraries which encompass travel, accommodation, fixtures, or tournament entry and excursions. Your objective will be to present an offering that team leaders will want to take back to their team and families.
The majority of our client and supplier communications are undertaken digitally or by phone, however, in-person visits continue to be valuable and may take place overseas, in the UK or at our Head Office. These may, on occasions, fall outside of core office hours. You will have the opportunity to travel and accompany groups on tour so you are able to communicate the experience first-hand to other group leaders.
Want to know more about this role?
Training and development
On joining us you’ll receive full training and support. We know that the experiences we create are unique, so you can trust that we will fully support you in developing both your skills and knowledge. This will happen as part of your ongoing employment with us. We aim to equip you with the confidence, skills and knowledge to thrive and succeed in your role.
- Confidently taking calls and online enquiries from new and existing clients looking to travel and play sport with their team
- Advising clients of the tours and events that best suit their team’s needs.
- Compiling and presenting profitable and attractive quotations for clients and ensuring regular contact is maintained throughout the process.
- Liaising with airlines, accommodation centres and other suppliers.
- Assisting the product team to ensure our tour portfolio and supplier database is continually developing and improving.
- Attending and assisting with the running of Sports Tours Ltd UK tournaments / festivals.
Key skills and experience
- A desire to succeed and thrive in a consultative sales role
- Excellent organisational skills, time management and attention to detail
- Good financial and commercial awareness
- Strong administration skills
Beneficial skills and experience
- Experience of working in a consultative sales role
- Knowledge of the travel industry
- Experience of working with sports groups
- An interest in sport and / or travel
- Full UK driving license
- A basic salary of £20,000 – £26,000 (dependent upon experience)
- A commission scheme based on individual sales (OTE £2,000 – £6,000)
- 24 days holiday per year (increasing with length of service to a maximum of 27 days) in addition to all public holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible hybrid working Programme
"*" indicates required fields
Good to know…
Sports Tours is part of the Rayburn Travel Group, made up of three businesses who specialise in creating travel experiences for youth groups. Explore our brands and learn more. We are all based at our HQ in Derby and are essentially one big family – there’s no doubt about it, it’s a great place to work…
Specialising in Educational Trips, Ski Trips and Sports Tours for schools, as well as Concert Tours for all types of youth and adult ensembles, we aim to inspire our groups to seek new adventures, embrace new cultures and learn new skills.
We take the greatest pride in creating exciting international trips for Scout, Guide and other uniformed groups. Giving young people the chance to learn about new cultures, face new challenges, build important life skills and boost self-confidence (all the while having fun in the great outdoors!) is what makes this more than just a job to us.
Kick-off was in early 1989! It all started with a passion to help sports teams enjoy great touring experiences in the UK and abroad – and that passion still remains over 30 years later!
Today, Sports Tours Ltd is one of the UK’s leading specialist sports tour operators, helping almost 20,000 players, coaches and their families enjoy unforgettable experiences in the UK and around the world every year.