Sports Tours & Events Sales Consultant
Sports Tours and events are back with an explosion of interest and If you’re looking for a consultative sales role in a vibrant and forward-thinking company, this could be the opportunity for you.
As Sports Tours & Events Sales Consultant, you’ll play a significant role in a Derby based team who are passionate about creating sporting events and tours for young people in football, rugby and netball teams.
As the first point of contact on the phone for team managers and coaches, your role will be to listen and learn more about their teams travel and sporting objectives, before providing guidance and recommendations around which tournaments, festivals and tours best suit their needs.
Piecing together tailor-made quotations and itineraries which encompass travel, accommodation, fixtures or tournament entry and excursions, your objective will be to present an offering that team leaders will want to take back to their team and families. It’s a competitive industry, so you’ll be skilled at communicating all the relevant USP’s of our service along with the benefits to teams of choosing to work with us.
It’s a busy, exciting, and rewarding role in a business that has significant plans for development and future growth. We want to hear from people who believe they will thrive in this environment and are excited about the prospect of being part of the team and helping us grow!
We’ve been working in partnership with UK based teams, creating these amazing experiences for young people for over 30 years now – it’s everything we know and love! The rewards of playing a part in this are immense, and this could be you!
Want to know more about this role?
Training and development
On joining us you’ll receive full training and support. We know that the experiences we create are unique, so you can trust that we will fully support you in developing both your skills and knowledge. This will happen as part of your ongoing employment with us. We aim to equip you with the confidence, skills and knowledge to thrive and succeed in your role.
On completion of your initial training, you’ll be ready to take enquiries from clients and support them every step of the way through the booking process.
This will involve:
- Confidently taking calls and online enquiries from new and existing clients looking to travel and play sport with their team
- Providing advice on the tours and events that best suit each team’s needs. There will be many factors to be taken into consideration. UK or international experience? Budget? Tournament or friendly fixtures? Taking families along? Tour duration? The role is certainly of a consultative nature and requires detailed advice and planning.
- Presenting a tailor-made quotation and itinerary that meets each team’s sporting and travel objectives. You’ll maintain contact with the team leaders and support them as they launch and promote the tour to their team members and families.
- You’ll liaise with suppliers such as accommodation centres and airlines to ensure we are able to offer a varied sports tour offering that suits a variety of budgets and meets our high standards.
- You will, of course, have the opportunity to travel and get involved in our events, sometimes accompanying teams on tour so you are able to communicate the experience first-hand to prospective group leaders looking to travel.
- The main part of your role will be telephone based, but on occasions you may be required to plan online video meetings or meet face to face with team leaders. These may, on occasion, fall outside of core office hours.
- A desire to succeed and thrive in a consultative sales role
- Excellent organisational skills, time management and attention to detail
- Good financial and commercial awareness
Beneficial skills and experience
- Experience of working in a consultative sales role
- Knowledge of the travel industry
- An interest in travel
- An interest in sport
- A basic salary of £20,000 – £26,000 (dependent upon experience)
- A commission scheme based on individual sales (OTE £2,000 – £6,000)
- 24 days holiday per year (increasing with length of service to a maximum of 27 days) in addition to all public holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible hybrid working Programme
Good to know…
Sports Tours is part of the Rayburn Travel Group, made up of three businesses who specialise in creating travel experiences for youth groups. Explore our brands and learn more. We are all based at our HQ in Derby and are essentially one big family – there’s no doubt about it, it’s a great place to work…
Specialising in Educational Trips, Ski Trips and Sports Tours for schools, as well as Concert Tours for all types of youth and adult ensembles, we aim to inspire our groups to seek new adventures, embrace new cultures and learn new skills.
We take the greatest pride in creating exciting international trips for Scout, Guide and other uniformed groups. Giving young people the chance to learn about new cultures, face new challenges, build important life skills and boost self-confidence (all the while having fun in the great outdoors!) is what makes this more than just a job to us.
Kick-off was in early 1989! It all started with a passion to help sports teams enjoy great touring experiences in the UK and abroad – and that passion still remains over 30 years later!
Today, Sports Tours Ltd is one of the UK’s leading specialist sports tour operators, helping almost 20,000 players, coaches and their families enjoy unforgettable experiences in the UK and around the world every year.